Data Scientist Intern; Cyber/Intelligence
Location: Remote / North America
Who is FNA?
FNA is a fast-growing, deep technology analytics company and leader in Supervisory Technology (SupTech) and Regulatory Technology (RegTech). The FNA Platform allows analysts and data scientists to map and monitor complex financial networks and to simulate operational and financial risks. FNA’s clients include the world’s largest central banks, financial market infrastructures, leading financial institutions and government agencies.
What are the benefits of joining FNA?
- Contributing to FNA’s mission of making our global financial system safer and more efficient
- Opportunity to expand your career with additional duties and job titles as the company grows
- Being part of a high-growth technology company developing and implementing the next generation of analytics solutions
- Being part of a team of collaborative, brilliant, passionate, hard-working & humble colleagues who embrace working from anywhere there is a solid internet connection
- Support for entrepreneurial spirit at every level of the company
- Fully supportive of your personal and professional growth with an annual stipend
What you will accomplish with FNA:
As our Data Scientist Intern for Cyber Intelligence you will report to our Director of Advanced Analytics and support client requirements in the emergent cyber / intelligence space and help craft use cases and demonstrations more directly applicable to these issue areas. We offer schedule flexibility and remote working to help you balance academic demands whilst with FNA.
- Explore data sets (primarily) and adapt network science-driven analytics to cyber security analytics practices
- Engage directly with our emergent portfolio of cyber oriented clients concerned with cascading effects of cyber-attacks across infrastructure
- You will be actively involved in the research and development of exciting new tools and use-cases
- Publish! We have interns publishing papers stemming from their projects at FNA
- Using the FNA platform and scripting language, you will be assisting to identify hidden behavioural patterns and interconnections in large datasets, helping to create breakthrough solutions, performing exploratory and targeted data analyses as part of quantitative services engagements or proof of concepts
- Partner with cross-functional teams to solve real-world business problems at scale and identify trends/opportunities for the customers
- You will own projects from end to end, stamp your name to important work and document use cases in technical reports, white papers, etc.
- You should be enrolled in a Masters or Ph.D. program focused on Cyber Security / Intelligence, Graph Theory, Finance Econometrics, or related field.
- Certified Ethical Hacker, CISSP, or Security+ Certification Preferred
- 5 years experience in cyber security, encryption, or education to match
- Passion and curiosity for what is happening within Cyber, Big Data, Graph Databases, Data Analysis and especially Graph Analytics
- Demonstrable programming capability with MatLab, Python, R or similar
- Experienced with, or have a desire to learn Network Science and/or Graph Analytics
- Hands-on and curious; always looking to learn, solve problems and improve your skills
- Strong written documentation skills to assist with articles/use-cases/releases etc.
- Excellent written and spoken English
Visit www.fnalab.com and register to use the FNA Platform free