Lead Data Scientist
Type: Part time or full time
Who is FNA?
FNA is a fast-growing, deep technology analytics company and a leader in Supervisory Technology (SupTech). The FNA Platform allows financial institutions to map and monitor complex financial networks and to simulate operational and financial risks. FNA’s clients include the world’s largest central banks, financial market infrastructures, and leading financial institutions.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to hire an analytics & insights leader to lead, mentor and act as the beacon for our data science team. As a critical member of the team, this leader will have the unique opportunity to influence the decision making of our product roadmap with their insights and thought leadership.
- You are self-driven and comfortable with ambiguity.
- You are diplomatic. You use your talents to build consensus among your peers by getting them talking and helping to reach a common goal.
- You’re resourceful. While you’ll be reporting to the CEO, you’ll be working closely with cross-functional teams and will need to allocate your time accordingly.
- You are equal parts technical and functional (both skills are exceptionally strong), and you are equally comfortable and effective at presenting to technical or business leaders.
- You have a passion for problem solving. You come up with hypotheses and often have strong opinions around their conclusions.
- You limit your commitments to tasks that are aligned with your highest priorities.
What are the benefits of joining FNA?
- FNA’s mission is to make our global financial systems safer and more efficient
- Opportunity to expand your career with additional duties and job titles as the company grows
- High-growth start-up working on the development of exciting next generation, machine learning and Big-Data analytics solutions
- Be part of a team of collaborative, brilliant, passionate, hard-working & humble colleagues who embrace working from anywhere there is a solid internet connection
- Entrepreneurial spirit at every level of the company
- FNA fully supports and encourages and assists in your personal and professional growth
What you will accomplish with FNA?
- Drive strategy-level discussions with the CEO, development and business development teams
- Partner with cross-functional teams to solve real-world business problems at scale
- Using the FNA platform and drawing from your experience you will actively lead research and development that identifies hidden behavioural patterns and interconnections in large datasets, which in turn uncover unique and impactful insights helping to create breakthrough solutions for our clients and the entire financial system
- You will own projects from end to end and stamp your name to important work and document use cases in technical reports, white papers, and have the opportunity to publish based on outcomes
- PhD in Finance/Econometrics, Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics, or related applied quantitative field
- Passion and curiosity for what is happening within SupTech/RegTech, Big Data, Graph Databases, Data Analysis or especially Graph Analytics
- 5+ years experience with MatLab, Python, R or similar
- 5+ years experience with machine learning and predictive modelling within large datasets
- 5+ years commercial experience as a Data Scientist
- Demonstrable experience with Network Science and/or Graph Analytics
- Hands-on and curious; always looking to learn and improve your technical skills
- Strong written documentation skills to assist with articles/use-cases/releases etc.
- Excellent written and spoken English