Propose a new monitor that could be added to G20monitor.com and work with FNA data scientists to implement it during your internship.
FNA’s G20 Monitor
The G20 Monitor is built in response to unprecedented challenges of the Covid-19 crisis – for which FNA was awarded the first prize in the inaugural edition of the G20 TechSprint hosted by the Bank for International Settlements’ Innovation Hub and the G20 Saudi Presidency.
The solution – developed in collaboration with a panel of regulators – is a collection of 10 monitors with over 25 interactive dashboards to explore and monitor the global financial system. The monitors include the ability to track interconnectedness of the financial system, cross-border links of individual companies and how mobility and policy responses have correlated with COVID epidemiological data – to name a few.
Propose a new FNA dashboard to be added to g20monitor.com using one or more of the publicly available datasets relevant to the central banking or broader regulatory community. You may use any publicly available datasets or one of the following datasets used to build existing monitors on g20monitor.com:
- BIS Consolidated Banking Statistics (G20 Monitor using the dataset)
- European Central Bank – Long-term interest rates (G20 Monitor using the dataset)
- Office of Financial Research Market Fund Monitor Data (G20 Monitor using the dataset)
- GLEIF Foundation Level 2 Data (G20 Monitor using the dataset)
- World Bank Migration and Remittances Data (G20 Monitor using the dataset)
Who can participate?
The G20 Monitor Challenge is open to all university students. Students may wish to participate as individuals or in teams. A team can include participants from different universities.
How to participate?
Participants should submit their proposals via the online form (appended below this text) by 11:59:59 p.m. Hawaiian time on 6 December 2020.
Participants will need to attach the filled-in submission form and a mock-up (optional) of their dashboard proposal in pdf format.
If you are unsure about how to fill in the submission form, feel free to explore the sample submission we have prepared.
We highly recommend that participants sign-up on g20monitor.com and explore the existing monitors for inspiration.
Rewards, Recognitions and Benefits
Winner and two runner ups
- Winning team will receive a grand financial prize of $1500
- Two runner up teams will receive $750
- All members of the winning and runner up teams will be invited to work on the development of their proposals during an industry data science internship with FNA in 2021.
- Are featured as contributors to the G20 Monitor on the FNA website and other relevant platforms
- Receive full, free access to the G20 Monitor until the end of 2021
Key Deadlines and Checkpoints
- 29 November – 11:59:59 p.m. Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time: Deadline for submitting proposals via online form appended below this text.
- 17 December: Announcement of the Winner and Runner-ups
- January to December 2021: Internships for the winner and runner-up teams (the timing agreed based on their availability).
A good dashboard proposal demonstrates how the dashboard could turn raw data into insights helping financial institutions and authorities make better decisions. This is in line with FNA’s mission – we deliver solutions built on network analytics because they help our clients to make the right decisions to make the financial system safer and more efficient. Remember, you will simply submit a proposal of your dashboard (in 400 words and one mock-up slide), so there is no need to start building a real dashboard.
- Relevance to FNA’s mission to make the financial system safer and more efficient
- Relevance to a specific industry problem or need
- Applicability in relation to Covid driven disruptions
- Potential and creativity of the proposed solution
- Achievability of the project
Register your participation by completing the below form and creating an account on www.g20monitor.com by 29th November.