Challenging liquidity management in wholesale cross-border payments
Thursday 22nd September
Financial markets face unprecedented challenges. These challenges include fragmented and inefficient post-trade processes, liquidity constraints and complex and costly risk management.
To address these challenges, Fnality is developing a peer-to-peer payment system underpinned by Distributed Ledger Technology to enable quicker and safer exchanges of value.
In session #5 of The FMI Broadcast, Jan Schoombee (Fnality) joined FNA to discuss the success of a project exploring liquidity savings calculations and what this means for banks looking to optimise their balance sheet.
The session covered:
- The role Fnality plays in the cross-border wholesale industry
- The key challenges of cross-border payments
- The advantages FMIs like Fnality offer in terms of cost and efficiencies compared to traditional correspondent banking
- How Fnaility addressed the design and build phases of its cross-border wholesale payments solution
- Whether crypto solutions or stablecoins could become large and liquid enough to manage large payments
- How the wholesale cross-border payment ecosystem is likely to evolve
Session #5 Guests
Chief Financial Officer, Fnality
Jan has 20+ years of experience across multinational listed financial services groups and entrepreneurial growth ventures. He has worked as CFO, founder, and in commercial roles covering business development, product innovation, and corporate development. His sector exposure includes banking, insurance, payments, and fintech. Jan has a keen interest in technology and how it is changing the business and entrepreneurial landscapes. He is a chartered accountant with a masters degree in history and qualifications in finance and marketing.
Missed our previous sessions? Watch the series on-demand
|The FMI Broadcast: 22nd September 2022|
With: Jan Schoombee
|The FMI Broadcast: 30th August 2022|
With: Phil Mochan and Claudio Cersesani
|The FMI Broadcast: 23rd June 2022|
With: Kazım Rıfat Ozyılmaz and Dave Sissens
|The FMI Broadcast: 25th May 2022|
With: John Jackson & James Southgate
|The FMI Broadcast: 27th April 2022|
With: Dr Kimmo Soramäki & Dr Carlos León