The Impact of Suptech on Banking Supervision
Wednesday 30th August | 2 pm (UK)
| Ramunas Baravykas, Director of Data and Statistics Department, CDC, Bank of Lithuania
| Jermy Prenio, Principal Advisor, Financial Stability Institution, Bank for International Settlements (BIS)
Technology innovation is rapidly transforming financial supervision.
Session #8 of the Suptech Broadcast brought together suptech specialists Jermy Prenio (Bank for International Settlements) and Ramunas Baravykas (Bank of Lithuania), who explored the emerging technology shaping the future of the suptech landscape.
Jermy and Ramunas drew upon their extensive hands-on experience to offer a global and EU perspective on key topics, including data analytics, cross-border collaboration and the proportionality and ethics of AI to offer insight into how central bankers and policymakers can take advantage of the opportunities suptech for more effective oversight.
Links & Resources:
- BIS: Innovative technology in financial supervision (suptech) – the experience of early users Read More >
- BIS: Suptech Applications for anti-money laundering Read More >
- BIS: The suptech generations Read More >
- BIS: From data reporting to data-sharing: how far can suptech and other innovations challenge the status quo of regulatory reporting? Read More >
- BIS: Suptech tools for prudential supervision and their use during the pandemic Read More >
- BIS: Suptech in Insurance Supervision Read More >
- Bank of Lithuania: Analysis and Research Read More >
- Bank of Lithuania: Becoming a data-centric organisation: A guide to data management initiatives at the Bank of Lithuania Occasional Paper Series Read More >
Session #8 Guests
Director of Data and Statistics Department, CDC, Bank of Lithuania
Principal Advisor, Financial Stability Institution, Bank for International Settlements
Missed our previous sessions?
You can catch up with The Suptech Broadcast on-demand. View all episodes >